Some believe that there is a predetermined number, an age that many insist that, once you survive it, you’re in the clear… the age 27.
This cursed number is said to have brought many talented artists and musicians to an early grave, and has been shrouded in so much mystery, that statistical studies have even been conducted at several universities to get to the bottom of the mystery… of what awaits those once they turn 27.
Could these larger-than-life talents just be falling victim to the signature lifestyle of rock & roll’s greatest acts– living fast, and dying young? Or… is there a little more to the story… and some eerie force is claiming the lives of all of the most cherished and gifted artists the world has to offer?
- INTRODUCING THE TRAGIC SIX
- THEORY 1: NUMEROLOGY
- Some believe that numbers might determine the outcome of our lives.
- Specifically, all of us have a “life path number” found by adding the digits of our birthday.
- ex: February 24, 1993 = 2/24/1993 = 2+2+4+1+9+9+3 = 30 –> 3+0= 3 (making 3 my life path number)
- Find yours here:
- THEORY 2: DECLINING HEALTH
- When celebrities turn to drugs at an early age to deal with the pressures of being famous, they start building a tolerance to the drug… and then need more of it as the years pass, making the members of the tragic six all more susceptible to overdosing.
- THEORY 3: PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE
- The psychologist Erik Erikson theorized that we all go through the same psychosocial crises at certain ages in our development.
- For example, in our 20’s- we are plagued with the challenge he calls “Intimacy vs. Isolation” (see Erikson’s model below) where we must learn how to form meaningful connections and let others in to avoid loneliness; if you misstep here, it could lead to depression, which ultimately might lead to suicidal thoughts.
FOR MORE CRACKPOP:
Look out for a brand new bite-sized episode every Monday that you can enjoy on your commute to or from work or school!
AND if there’s a mystery, conspiracy, or any other topic you’d like me to cover in a future episode- check out the “SUGGEST A TOPIC” section of our website. And don’t forget to include your name so we can credit you if we choose to air your suggestion!
As always, for more content and to stay updated on all things CRACKPOP:
Follow us @crackpopnetwork on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok!
SOURCES FOR THIS EPISODE: