Even though the 1939 Academy Award-winning film “The Wizard of Oz” is remembered today as one of the greatest classics of all-time, some consider it to be the most dangerous movie ever made.
Because during the six-month, exhaustive filming of the Wizard of Oz, there were countless accidents and special effects gone wrong that nearly resulted in the deaths of a few actors on set…
And by far, most horrifying of all- some believe that one of the actors portraying a Munchkin- committed suicide on the set of the film and can still be seen today in the final cut of the movie.
Let’s explore what are in my opinion the TEN MOST HORRIFYING HORRORS OF THE WIZARD OF OZ FILM..
- #10: Someone stepped on Toto!
- #9: The set was dangerously hot!
- #8: The costumes were uncomfortable.
- #7: The Munchkins were drunks!
- #6: The actors were exposed to asbestos!
- #5: The special effects malfunctioned.
- #4: The makeup was poisonous!
- #3: Judy Garland was sexually harassed by some of the Munchkins.
- #2: The Wizard of Oz led to Judy Garland’s spiraling addictions.
- #1: The alleged Munchkin suicide.
FOR MORE CRACKPOP:
Look out for a brand new bite-sized episode every Monday that you can enjoy on your commute to or from work or school!
AND if there’s a mystery, conspiracy, or any other topic you’d like me to cover in a future episode- check out the “SUGGEST A TOPIC” section of our website. And don’t forget to include your name so we can credit you if we choose to air your suggestion!
As always, for more content and to stay updated on all things CRACKPOP:
Follow us @crackpopnetwork on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok!
SOURCES FOR THIS EPISODE: